Saturday, July 7, 2012



I realize I haven't posted in a while, but I haven't been playing much lately and my most recent result at Guardian Games was a bit painful. I played on Tuesday night scoring 0 wins, 2 losses, and 1 draw with Grbw Wolf Run. What a mess.

In round 1 I played against Solar Flare. Personally, I hate Solar Flare. The games take too long and the odds of drawing are too high. I lost game 1 because my deck ran out of gas pretty early in the game and my opponent did the Sun Titan into Phantasmal Image combo. This often happens if the  games against Esper go too long. In game 2, I sideboarded in Memoricide (so that I could name Sun Titan) and a couple copies of Karn Liberated, which was enough to turn the match in my favor. However, with only 1 minute remaining for the third game, my opponent and I agreed to a draw. Laaaaame.

In round 2 I played against Monogreen Dungrove, again, and I lost, again. My opponent's version was using Predator Ooze, which proved especially difficult to kill. Neither Day of Judgment, Whipflare, nor Go for the Throat were any help. I just had to sit there and watch as the Ooze attacked every turn and got bigger, and bigger, and bigger... I lost both games to that one creature.

In round 3 I played against U/W Humans. This matchup is often determined by whether or not I draw sufficient removal---i.e., Whipflare and Day of Judgment. Perhaps I should have mulliganed more aggressively; I'm not sure, but I lost the match 0-2 to a total noob running Mirran Crusader and his crew. Talk about painful.

So there it is. Another tournament in the books, but not much to report. I'm once again considering switching decks until M13 rotates into Standard.

On a side note, I am getting excited for the Star City Games event coming to Portland this August. There's a Legacy Open! I have been wondering what deck to play. Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment