Friday, March 22, 2013


I’ve played a lot of Magic since my last post. I realize I haven't been posting a lot lately, but I have been playing whenever I get the chance and whenever I'm not feeling too burnt out on the game. Since my last post, I have attended four Standard tournaments and two Modern tournaments, with some successes and some failures.

 

The four Standard events were hit or miss. I scored 6-3-2 overall with Dark Bant, placing first and third in a couple events, and dropping out of a couple others. At times I feel like dismantling the deck because it runs like shit, and at other times I feel like foiling the deck out because it is running so fluidly.

 

I made some changes to my Dark Bant deck to accommodate the high proportion of R/G Haste and Naya Blitz in my metagame. The high prevalence of these decks is probably due to their relatively cheap cost (Boros Reckoner aside). I've traded some countermagic for copies of Feeling of Dread in the maindeck and additional copies of Blind Obedience to the sideboard. My aggro matchup has improved substantially, though I am now weaker against other control decks, most notably, Esper Control. I'm fine with this until the metagame shifts back and I see a larger percentage of control.

 

My record with Dark Bant this season now stands at 20-10-3 (66%).

 

The Modern tournaments went much better. I played GR Tron (again) in the first event, scoring clear first place, and Jund in the second event, scoring third. The Jund list I ran can be found here. I've never actually been a huge fan of Jund, but I had to play something different because players were starting to anticipate that I might be playing Tron and they were adding additional copies of Sowing Salt to their sideboards. I did fine with the Jund deck though, scoring 3-1.

 

FNM tonight. Should be interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment