Sunday, December 23, 2012

I haven't been playing much Magic lately due to work and the holidays, but I did play in an FNM at Guardian Games the Friday before last, scoring 5-0 and placing clear first with Junk Angel. With the $27 of store credit I bought a Winter Orb (beta) in excellent condition. Junk Angel is now 35-10-1 in its current version and 57-27-10 overall.

The Standard metagame has been fluctuating ever-so-slightly these last couple weeks. Dark Bant has emerged as the deck to beat after Reid Duke piloted it to first place in the SCG Invitational. Human Rites also scored well and has been gaining popularity. Both of these decks are difficult matchups for Junk Angel and I've been forced to alter my sideboard to accomodate the current metagame. Of course, there is always Rakdos Aggro to worry about as well.

There isn't much else to report. I'm planning to play an FNM at a shop close to my parents' house, where I'm currently staying. It should be interesting. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment